Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I am fair lost without my boss at work.

I think I depend upon her too much. She is the island of sanity in a sea of chaos. A bit melodramatic? I don't think so.

How do you keep finding ways to stay at a job when you are confronted daily with people who have absolutely no concept of time management or strategic planning? In some ways, I believe this company has stumbled to its success. The work is honorable and much needed. The staff is talented and dedicated. But their inability to set or meet deadlines and having to spending probably 90% of my time being reactionary and walking along a disorganized path drives me to near despair. I want so much to be able to do what I can do. I absolutely hate having projects taking four or five times longer than they should.

And I feel like such a failure because what I deliver for my boss is a pale shadow of what I know in my heart I could be doing. I cannot set aside that knowledge.

Am I turning into a flimflam?

No comments: