Monday, April 10, 2006

I cautioned against something at work and caught a lot of flack for doing so. After hanging up after being harangued for my words of concern, I felt quite badly about the whole situation. I wondered if there was any truth in this woman's claim that I was not thinking about the best interests of the organization. I worried about it all weekend. I did not sleep much last night thinking on the matter.

Today, I learned that my caution was not only well-founded, but only a shadow of actually happened.

I did not revel in being right. I was relieved that the decision I stood by was in the best interests of the organization. I need to be stronger in what I know to be good and true in the workplace instead of buying into the untruth so easily woven by those who do not have the best interests of the organization at heart.

In the pursuit of honesty, I will admit that they often do not even realize the ramifications of what they are doing since their manager was the consummate snake oil salesman. Much beloved despite blatant mismanagement.

It was not an "I-told-you-so" moment. It was one of utter personal relief, mixed with angst for what the news may mean for our organization.

No comments: