Monday, January 22, 2007

My scripture memory verses for the week couldn't be more apt.

In the wee hours of the morning, while still writing away, I thought I would take a break and search for this week's passage. When my eyes fell upon the passage, I felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach...but in a good sort of way. When I went to type the passage into my scripture blog, I miss-typed a single word that fundamentally changed the message I found in the passage: be on the alert became be on the alter. It sure made me think about the things I should be laying before Christ.

I am sure I have typed a thousand times how hard it is being unemployed, feeling useless, worrying over money. I struggle with believing how it is that this is a good thing in my life. I struggle with resting in the peace of Christ. And then I struggle with how weak my faith has been over the past six and a half months.

I think, perhaps, the miss-type was one of those perfect moments of clarity that often strikes whilst reading the Word of God. Of course, I should be on the alert. Frankly, one could say that I am making things easy for the father of lies. But I should also be approaching the alter of God with my burdens and laying them down. Even if I have to do so again and again...Because I find them in my arms once more.

Thousands of years have passed since those words were first penned, yet it is as if they were written just for this time and this place in my life. Such is the glory and the power of scripture.

No comments: