Sunday, August 19, 2007

I am tired. Big surprise. However, it is because I am not sleeping.

Instead of sleeping, I am fretting about work and dreaming the wildest, weirdest dreams of my entire life. They are a mixture of my worries about finances and the concerns I have about my job. I am somehow battling all night long and end up even more exhausted than I thought possible.

And yet...and yet...I am considering trying to take a second job, or at least some regular consulting work if I can do so on nights and weekends. Does that even make sense? Will trying to mitigate the mountain of debt I have with a second job actually help me sleep?

I wonder.

However, the major concern I have with my new job is that the person who was there for four years before me did not document a single thing. Nothing. No files. No calendar of events. No contacts. No planning. How can I do this job while trying to also reinvent their foster care parent recruiting wheel. After all, there is no real money, so I also have to fund raise. That is, I have to fund raise after I finish designing all the new collateral they need and convincing someone to print it.

I am getting tired just thinking about it.

Will running myself ragged on a second job that could help provide for those medical bills and mortgage payments sitting on my credit cards help or hurt?

I wonder.

No comments: