Thursday, April 03, 2008

There is no avoiding it. I am still hot.

I try to tell myself that the temperature in my office is better, but that is really a simply specious claim. In reality, I have dressed as if it were the height of summer.

I am trying to remain calm. I am trying to be the model of equanimity. I am trying to be a leaf on the wind.

I am, however, still hot. Still struggling with debilitating fatigue. Still getting a bit disorientated as the day goes on...and on...and on...

I am ever so thankful for this job, for the opportunity it represents.

Would the fact that I used the air-conditioner to cool the house down to 60 degrees last night so that I could sleep better once I collapsed on the couch after arriving home for the day convey just how difficult it has been?

Oh, my, have I been hot...

No comments: