Sunday, February 15, 2009

NASCAR is back! The race had a few rather satisfying crashes, although the rain ultimately made for a less-than-thrilling ending. However, the prayer beforehand was magnificent to hear, an unabashed proclaimation for Christ. Amen!

Whenever I try to articulate my thoughts on the matter, I usually bungle it, but what I want to say is that I feel as if it is acceptable to be any religion save for Christianity these days. It is acceptable to have absolute beliefs in any religion save for Christianity. It is as if inclusivity is to be the new religion save for Christianity.

I believe in absolutes. I believe that Jesus Christ is God's Son and offers the only way to salvation. I believe that the bible is God's Truth and is not a message that you can pick and choose what you care to follow or not. I believe God is sovereign. I believe He is Creator. I believe Christ is Savior. I believe.

You do not have to believe as I do. That is between you and God. However, it is my opinion that I should be equally free to believe as I do without being labeled intolerant or a biggot or a an ignorant fool.

So, it was with great fellowship that I listened to the prayer to start the Daytona. I, too, believe. Thank you, Shephard of Christ's Flock, to give praise and honor and glory to the One who give grace and mercy in such great measure.

No comments: