Thursday, October 08, 2009

The hair from my head now fills a gallon-sized ziploc bag.  While my tears have ceased, when combing through my hair after a shower, or brushing it when I awake, or pushing it back from my shoulders...my heart hurts.  It literally hurts.

When I folded the laundry, I found hair all over even my clean clothing.  It strewn about the car.  It clings to my office chair.  It covers my pillow. All my life I have been told I have thick hair.  It is the one thing that anyone has ever gained me a compliment for beauty.  Should I be at least thankful that such thickness has delayed the inevitable for a while?

I know four Psalms as songs and try to focus on singing them while I am washing my hair, while I try to ignore what is happening for I cannot stop it and know not where to turn next.

Not quite yet...but soon. 

My heart hurts...

No comments: