Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Amos report...


Mrs. Robin sure does not like it when I go out to check the mail.  I think she should be a bit more understanding since she is the one who chose my front porch for the location of her new nest.  I did a bit of Googling to see how long it will be before there are baby robins and found this video:




It almost makes we want to not try and get photos ... to leave the Robin family in peace.  Almost.

Amos about near had a nervous break down driving across town to his vet.  I about near had a breakdown trying to keep him off of my shoulders whilst driving across town to his vet.  We are both exhausted.

I am very happy to report that my chunky monkey has lost 1.6 pounds, since switching to Rachel Ray's Nutrish dog food.  His vet told me that several of her patients had made the switch to either the Nutrish or Just 6.  I think it is great that Rachel Ray is making dog food without fillers and such.  And, well, I really, really, really like that I get it on Amazon Subscribe & Save for far less than the ProPlan food was.  I was spending $19.24 a month on his food.  Now, it is approximately $16 every two months.  That savings covers his annual visit expenses, but not his heart worm/flea/tick meds.  All in all, one of the best things about moving here is how economical it is to have a white fluff ball, compared to living in the DC Metro area.

Kashi never needed his teeth cleaned, but I think that Amos will have his done next year, unless I can step up my teeth brushing game. I admit that I have been lax about that, since I also never had to brush Kashi's teeth.  That means my Amos (repair and maintenance) savings account will be put to good use then!  Good thing that I set it up, eh?  

I am cold as cold can be, given that Spring has not yet arrived here, but I turned off the heat during those few days we warm days we had at the end of March.  There are a few times I have wanted to give in, but I saved so much on both gas and electricity this year over last, that my over-reaction to finally having some breathing room in my budget has been mitigated.  And I am back on the straight and narrow.

I do need milk.  And, having discovered a recipe for roasted broccoli soup, I am in dire need of broccoli and a few other things. I also finally realized that I have not had regular lentils in eons, so I added those to my still rather meager shopping list.  I might go out on the morrow.  Or.  Or I might just keep on resting from my folly.

Firewood Man had words about my not waiting on him to move the concrete basin.
I'll not be repeating them.

On a more happy note, my redbud is trying its darnedest to bloom this year, after not having bloomed last year. I asked the city arborist to treat the tree, but as I have noted before, not only was the treat not treated, it somehow got slated for removal.  I fought that tooth and nail.  So, I admit I resented spending money on a good systemic and fertilizer for it since technically it is the city's tree and not mine, but it seems to be money well spent.  I think I will treat the tree again this year, after the scattered buds have finished opening to keep it on an upward trajectory of health.

And.
And.
And....

The fiddleheads are popping up in my fern bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As soon as we have any sort of sunshine around here, I shall be posting lovely fern photos.

No comments: