Friday, July 17, 2015

Mmmmm....


I decided that, in my admittedly impatient mind, I would go ahead and drop down to 0.0625 mg of Xanax last night.  I am in a holding pattern to see if, after 9 days at 0.125 is going to be another wicked reaction to the reduction.

During my holding pattern, I decided to make Bacon Cheddar Puffs, since it has been forever since I last made them.




This is part of the batch ... mmmmmmmmm!

I learned that the recipe is quite forgiving because I had to make some adjustments.  For one, I only had half the bacon, but wanted to make these anyway.  I did add a teeny bit more cheese knowing they were shy on bacon.  For another, I was using Firewood Man's fresh eggs.  The eggs are medium ones, so I used five of them, instead of four.  However, when dumping the last egg in the pot, I discovered, belatedly, that it was a double yolk egg.  The puffs were fine, however, just a bit more eggy.  I also decided to use Gourmet Garden's® Garlic Paste instead of garlic powder.  Doing so made them like an egg version of a garlic cheese biscuit.  I changed the recipe accordingly.

Like I said, mmmmmmmm!

I took two of them over to my neighbor, promptly scarfed down three more, and then put the rest into the refrigerator.  I actually gobbled the first one while I was moving the rest from the baking stone to the wire rack.  I thought about eating two or three more, but I restrained myself.  Amos offered to take care of a few, but I declined.  My next grocery run, I am most definitely buying more applewood smoked bacon.  In my opinion, this is a perfect dish for a potluck brunch.

I worked out the calories (for my FitBit) for the puffs (134) and the bran muffins (126).  I called the insurance company about the outstanding blood work EOB from June of last year so that I might one day get reimbursed.  I asked Electrician Man for a quote for work for my neighbor.  I sweated profusely whilst watering all the plants on the front porch.  And I emptied the dishwasher.  So, today was a bit productive.

Firewood Man said he might do the railing tomorrow ... I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  We are going to have a blistering, sweltering, most wretched of days.  I am not even sure I would want him to work outside for me in such conditions.

More blooms opened up on the Rose of Sharon bushes.  All three are blooming now.  I enjoy sitting on the back porch rather immensely, just now, because the hummingbirds and bumble bees keep driving each other off the blossoms.  I am glad that I can do my part for the dwindling bumble bee population in our world.  Such affable insects.

At this moment, I am listening to the train whistles passing by.  They are helping to sooth my fractious thoughts that have been plaguing me since the anniversary of the pit bull attack this week.  Sometimes ... sometimes, I wish that I had an off button for my mind.  Better to dwell on bacon cheddar puffs, eh?

Mmmmmmmm.....

No comments: