Friday, October 14, 2016

Good things...


Another yard task done today!




I keep trying to have mulch here, but it just washes away.  Or something.  And so Amos will stand against the fence protesting folk on the side street and get all muddy.  Since the thyme in the bed across the yard is being killed off to deal with the weeds, I wanted to move some of the good bits (weed free patches) here.




Voilà!  I will try to remember to keep watering this for a couple of weeks until it takes.  I also put some thyme into three bare spots further down in the bed here, but I did not take photos.

This was ever so much work!  I was surprised, because I thought it was something I could do.  Just moving this bit of thyme took me over two hours ... and lots of lying on the ground.  Still, I am pleased.




I also tried a new recipe: Lemon Thins!  This recipe calls for half butter/half shortening, so I took the opportunity to substitute lard for the shortening.  So, this was my first attempt to cook with lard.  I personally believe these are BLOODY FANTASTIC, if you are a lemon thins kind of person.  I immediately brewed a bot of tea and nibbled on an undisclosed number of the four dozen cookies.  Mmmm!

So, basically, this was a day filled with good things!

No comments: