Saturday, May 16, 2009

So, to I took a wild chance and boiled some eggs this evening. I know, it was risky. After all, I have been ruining them for years and had only one successful attempt of late. Still, I through caution to the wind and plopped eight of them into some hot water.

Voila! I was successful! And, since the eggs were fresh and had not been resting in the refrigerator for longer than I normally care to admit, they were round on the bottom, not flat.

Giddy with my success, I promptly whipped up the innards of four of them, licking my chomps all the while in anticipation of tasty deviled eggs.

Acting a bit of the glutton, I shoved an entire egg in my mouth...and promptly spat it back out on the plate. Somehow, I managed to sprinkle them rather liberally with cayenne pepper instead of paprika. While they may both come from a plant that is labeled a pepper, there is a world between them when it comes to heat.

Bettina's husband G would probably scarf up my deviled eggs. Me? Well, I want not to waste them, so I am committed to their consumption. An entire glass of Gatorade was required to down two of them. I fear they shall be a long time in the refrigerator after all...

No comments: