Monday, April 25, 2011

Attempt No. 3...

I have been giving Amos haircuts.  I read up on the matter and chose the path of scissors.  Hmm...what can I say?  Well, he is a wiggly puppy dog.

Still, I have persevered.  Because of his curls, if they get long, he can develop matting, so I have chosen to keep his wonderfully soft fur on the shorter side, even though he is adorable as a fluff ball.  Anyway, tonight, I braved his ears.  Mostly, I did so because his ears kept getting wet when he drank...along with his whole face.

When I was a little girl, my mom often got my bangs a bit crooked.  That phenomenon holds true with puppy dog ears.  I do not believe I shall photograph this attempt for future generations.

What to know today's Amos laugh?

He likes to steal food off the table I have adjacent to the couch where I set my dishes for my own meals (Who needs a table?).  I have been working at setting a boundary for him to stay on his side of the couch when am eating.  Well, the other side of the couch since he has claimed all parts of his for his naps.

So earlier, he tried sneaking his way to the table, where the remnants of my eggs and asparagus were  sitting.  First, he tucked his head in my right elbow.  Then, he draped himself across my lap.  Next, he transitioned to the pillow between me and the arm of the couch.  After, after biding his time, he made his move.  At my first holler of AMOS!, he quickly put his chin down on the edge of the table, like he was aiming for that all along...just another place to sleep!  He pretended to sleep for a while and then moved back on the other side of me where he tucked his head back into the crook of my arm.

No comments: