Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Cages...


     "...Kaylin hesitated and then decided against pressing her.  Everyone has reasons for silence and the secretes silence contained.  No one knew that better than Kaylin.
     "But...breaking that silence in Kaylin's case had been like breaking shackles and chains.  It was true: it had.  But it was a choice she'd made, and the choice itself was part of the freedom." ~Michelle Sagara, Cast in Peril

I had a terrible, terrible dream last night.  What made it worse is that Becky, Mary, Celia, and Emily were there with me ... watching.  When I was little, I made a terrible choice to try and escape something.  It is the reason why I struggle to believe that I could ever be clean.  In my dream, I made the choice again.  And they watched.  It was horrible.

A friend told me that nothing is unforgivable.  But the sin of unbelief is unforgivable.  And do not I have that sin since I do not believe that what I did is forgivable?  And, when trying to speak of the dream ... bewailed my anguish, really ... a friend noted that choices by youth in that situation are not really choices.  I follow her logic, but I don't believe it.  I wish I did.  I think of it, of that choice, as a cage.

2 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy, on you.
The sin of unbelief refers to not believing in God the Father, Jesus, the Christ, Savior of the world, and the Holy Spirit, who comes and works in and through us. The sin of unbelief also comes from an unrepentant heart. But if that heart repents, if it believes, God will forgive.
Your unbelief is not unforgivable. It seems more of an unworthiness to be forgiven. You clearly repent. You want forgiveness.
It is yours. Jesus did, is doing the work of forgiveness. You are forgiven.