Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Kashi!
Happy Birthday to you!

My puppydog is twelve today! Such a great companion he is...even if he is stubborn, intractable, and half-neurotic. He greets me with such enthusiasm and adoration each and every day. He curls up at my side each evening when I crawl into bed. And he is most willing to give me baths whenever necessary.

~~~~
I still have the heat on today. I really cannot seem to get warm. The crazy thing is, though, that I started having night sweats. There I am in bed, lying awake because I am too cold to sleep, yet I am sweating all over my sheets. I am plumb flummoxed.

I also fainted again today. I was lying on the couch resting when Kashi asked to go out. I got up to go open the back door when everything turned black. I ended up whacking my head on the coffee table. This time, I wasn't doing anything strenuous. Double ARGH!

~~~~
I did purchase some reading glasses. It truly is amazing how much better I can read with them! While perusing the selection, I decided that if I was going to be an old biddy who has to wear reading glasses, then I would just have to look like one. I found this pair that is a modern interpretation of the horn-rimmed glasses of the 50's. I think I look quite strange in them, but I added them to the cart. Now all I need is one of those chains to hang around my neck.

The other item I purchased was a new cane. Something that I have discovered is that the one I have (and use most reluctantly) looks okay, but is not that safe or very functional. I found one that has a better handle and is more of an aid for me. I almost left it behind, but the time I spent in the hospital and the difficulty I have had walking ever since, especially when the fatigue washes over me, has showed me that having a functional cane is probably a good thing. Of course, the best one would be one of those canes with a four-point bottom. However, those are just plain ugly and reek of infirmity.

So, I can see better and walk better...if only I would truly feel better...

No comments: