Monday, December 04, 2006

I have been prepping for my interview tomorrow. After reading through every page of the website (should I get this position there would be a HUGE learning curve), I made the following notes to share my "thoughts" about the company:


“Children’s Health Protection”
Does this work also entail targeting the “next generation” itself? Children are increasingly becoming accustomed to “necessities” that are a key factor in environmental stress and conservation obstacles (disposable technology, plastic ‘everything,’ etc.). Many schools have successful recycling programs, and often youth have picked up on this campaign and enlarged the practice or brought light to the need in their larger community. However, given the lack of science and math progress in American schools, providing pedagogical tools, training, and methodologies directly to educators, targeting the public, private, and home school market, could help alleviate these issues in the future since water, energy, and environment issues are heavy on math and science. Think of the impact of just one school district that adopted the change a light campaign from the classroom to the boardroom to the home.

In short, we would grow a generation of “tree huggers” who learn to ask the tough questions from the moment they begin their studies. What is the real cost of bottled water? What happens to those computers and cell phones we toss aside for the new models? Who is responsible for responsible waste measures?

“Plain Language documents”
Are these for small business owners only or do you provide materials for employees, those on the front lines implementing conservation measures? Do these documents take into account “ESL” factors given the diversity in American small business?

Methodological Rapprochement
I am curious as to the qualitative research measures undertaken by Cadmus. I would have expected quantitative methodologies, especially statistical analysis, but what sources of “rich” data are gathered and utilized?

Cadmus Website
Have you considered having real world examples (sample surveys, reports, etc.) on your website? Have you considered having an informative section with links to ESH research, agencies, and news?


Hmm...will they be impressed by my abilility to think critically on short notice?

5 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

I'm very impressed! I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about! (But you've got to remember, I'm from Nawth Kehlina.)

Myrtle said...

You guys don't care about conservation, recycling, and renewable/sustainable resources?

I guess it is all that coleslaw you consume on hamburgers! UGH. That...or...the livermush.

ftwayne96 said...

No, that's not it at all. Your terminology was highly technical and beyond the abilities of my pea-sized brain to comprehend! But remember, I'm from Nawth Kehlina.

And I couldn't help but notice how you couldn't resist getting in one more dig at livermush, or coleslaw - the piece de resistance of the modern hamburger. Poor, poor, benighted Myrtle! :-)

Myrtle said...

Yep, that's me. I blame my cheap shot at your choice of consumables to my benighted state.

But...well...your pea brain doesn't hold water, Mr. Preacher Man. I know you are WAY smarter than you pretend to be. No one with your vocabulary is a dense dunce dude.

ftwayne96 said...

I guess I was referring to the snippet below:

Methodological Rapprochement
I am curious as to the qualitative research measures undertaken by Cadmus. I would have expected quantitative methodologies, especially statistical analysis, but what sources of “rich” data are gathered and utilized?

Like I say, I'm from western NC. My book-larnin' never went much beyond basic readin' and writin' and 'rithmetic.