Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I am delighting in the gift that is T. God has showered down blessings on me. I was having a bit of a bad day, a bit low in spirits. I had to pop out of the office for a bit, so thanks to my good friends at Sprint, I was able to get in touch with T. What a felicitous call it was.

T. is taking piano lessons. I heartily believe that this is a good thing for her and something that is altogether satisfying to know my dear friend is finding joy in music of her own making. Well, by and by when I called T was practicing. What beautiful timing. She serenaded me whilst I was driving, brightening my entire day.

Sharing song is a special thing. It is a moment where you shed self and revel in the music. It does not matter if you sound wonderful or play to perfection. What matters is the sharing.

T didn't worry about how she sounded or if all the keys were struck perfectly. She was giving me a gift. None of that mattered.

I thank God for the woman He created in her and for bringing her into my life.

No comments: