Sunday, May 24, 2009

How is my holiday weekend going? Well, let's see...

Yesterday, I was sleeping on the couch with all three birds on my head, actually on my temple since I was on my side. The phone rang, startling them. And, well, I have been avoiding spending money between tax bill no. 1 at $1,875 due to an accounting staff member's data entry error at work that came due last month and now a reassessment from the IRS triggering tax bill no. 2 at $2,400 due in three weeks. Consequently, I have not taken the birds to have their nails trimmed even though they very much need it. So, the birds cut the heck out of my face trying to find purchase so that they could take off. I jumped up off the couch with blood streaming down my cheek and into my eye to grab a towel or something. But I was still feeling weak from being outside re-setting half of the bricks along the front sidewalk (a project I've been wanting done for months) and fell.

Bonk! I smacked my head against the Book of Concord Pastor D gave me to study. That rather HARD (pun intended) tome gave me a goose egg on the corner of my eye and left the rest of that side of my face, the one that is cut up, rather puffy.

While I would have rather just laid there, I had to jump back up as soon as the stars cleared from my vision because Kashi thought it was a good time for bird hunting...

Let me tell you, sleeping with an ice-pack on your face is not conducive to rest.

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

I just wish you had taken and posted a photograph. Some people have all the fun.