Friday, May 08, 2009

Just now, just now I have finished my work for this day.

No, I did not get to take a comp day. But I did get to work in my pajamas, tucked into the corner of my couch. I also happened to earn another 5 comp hours because of the long week.

Just now, I sent off my latest project, filled out my time sheet, and set the out-of-office assistant on my Outlook account.

While I did resent having to work once more, the day was sweetened by the kindness of Pastor D.

After nine days of rain, there was a bit of sunshine. He took the opportunity to mow my grass. A have-mower-will-travel kind of Pastor. Talk about laying down your life! He has so very much to do between graduate school, his family, Sunday services, four bible studies, and a monthly service at at nursing home. And yet he offers help whenever he can.

Hearing the hum of the motor quickened my heart and helped me finish my work faster than I would have merely stewing on how I had longed to sleep in this day. Again, he brought much needed perspective to my life.

Thank you, Lord, for a Pastor who truly loves the body of his church as Christ loves us.

No comments: