Sunday, August 25, 2013

Just one moment...


I awoke and fed Amos this morning after just three hours of sleep, but could not fall back to sleep because the writhing had started.  I ended up transitioning to the GREEN chair, where I could more easily curl up any yet have my body supported.  I also turned on the heating pad.

All day, from then on, I have been riding a carousel of misery.

My lower plumbing has not been working for 4 days, which is the first time the slowing of function has happened there.  My stomach slowed (gastroparesis is horrid), and so my abdomen began to swell.  But my blood sugar also began to plummet.  I ate and ate and ate and could not find anything to keep it up, to get it about 70 for hours on end.  That mean I was writhing and battling the shakes, anxiety, nausea, and headaches that comes with falling blood sugar.  Each time I tried to get up, tachycardia set in and its accompanying anxiety and dizziness.  And I have been battling sensitivity to light and sound, as well as constant blurriness in my eyes.  The, all in a rush, the lower plumbing decided to kick in, which means that my blood pressure dropped with movement past a pesky nerve, and so much fainting and nausea ensued.

Poor Amos, he has tried to comfort his wailing, miserable puppy momma, but his attentions usually involve the draping of his self about my person

Just one moment.
I long for just one moment of relief to get through the rest of this round of misery.
Just one.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: