Saturday, October 05, 2013

Dear General Mills...


Please ... please ... stop making Honey Nut Chex cereal.  Or please stop selling it in Fort Wayne.

Heroine rewires the brain in one dose.
So, too, must Honey Nut Chex cereal.
I am addicted.

I have had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on several occasions.  It is now not uncommon that I have it for breakfast and then for dessert after dinner.  My Honey Nut Cheerios are sadly neglected.  But I blame General Mills for putting some super secret ingredient in Honey Nut Chex to make the cereal crunch ever so much more satisfyingly and the leftover milk ever so much tastier.  It is manna in my mouth.  Tasty.  Satisfying.  Complete.

Amos, too, is addicted.  He no longer is able to wait until I am finished with my portion to clean the "bowl" I use to eat cereal.  He puts his head on my shoulder, pressing down harder and harder with each spoonful I take, inching his nose closer and closer, until he starts licking air in attempt to get me to hand over the bowl.



I think he thinks that if I hear him licking air, I will be smitten with remorse over the dearth of tastiness in his mouth and will simply let him finish off my portion.  It is very hard to eat cereal and chuckle at the antics of your puppy dog.

[Please ignore the BreatheRight strip.  I am too cheap to waste one by pulling it off to take a photo after I am all ready for bed.  At nearly $0.63 a strip, public humiliation is better than waste.]


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: