Thursday, October 03, 2013

For Caryl...


...because she doesn't seem to mind my playing around with cameras again and posting the photos I like.




First, the BEST news ever!  Yep, I found some moss in my back yard!!!  I sure do wish I knew how to make it spread.  Wildly.




The other night, when we had the most fog I have ever seen in my life, I tried to take some photos of it. Sadly, I found the tripod, tonight, not then.  This was taken with the circular polarizing filter and a rather shaky hand.  However, I did not try to figure out anything other than just how to spin the filter to the best place in order to eliminate the halo.




This is the second one that I took.  I am not sure which one I like better.  I think the first one, but sometimes I stare at similar photos and just cannot make up my mind.




You know, I am grieving that Baby Bunny has left us, even though Amos regularly has parties in the back yard now (i.e., he happily makes circuits about the brick borders and the stepping stones).  But with Baby Bunny gone, the grapes have gone uneaten.  [Yes, I would see Baby Bunny eat them.]  The grape vine is at the back of the yard near the Victorian stone bench (on the way to the back corner where I can lean over the fence and put out the trash and recycling).  So, every time I approach that area, the sweetest aroma wafts my way.  I am not sure, but I actually believe it is because of the grapes that are rotting on the vine.  I ate some last year, but they have seeds.




I took this one with my iPhone because it does not mind that I shake so much.  Now that I found the tripod, I might try again with the Fuji another day.  Anyway, I was trying to focus on the rotted grapes in the inside of the cluster.




And this one I took trying to focus on the flesh of the still viable grapes.  The veins, the skin, makes me want to touch them.  I am not sure what you could call the cobweb stuff that you see on the bottom center grape, but lots of the grapes have it.

How incredible is it that I bought a house that has a grape vine growing along the fence??  Yet another stellar feature that was not listed on the description.  Surely that is why the house was on the market for so long, eh?  Not that there was a toilet and sink in the middle of the parlor, but that someone had failed to mention the grape vine, right?  An incredibly fragrant grape vine??




Finally, see that MONSTER scurrying away from my macro shot?  We are in a battle of sorts.  The spider keeps building humongous webs across the spaces between me and the trashcans.  Here, the spider is in the ornamental magnolia tree, having spun a web between the tree and the corner of the garage.  After I destroyed that web several times, the spider moved along to the (still un-identified) cedar trees that I walk past to get to my trash and recycle bins.

Today, just to emphasize how angry the spider is with my web obliterating behavior (i.e., taking out the trash and recycling), when I destroyed the web, the spider leapt to my hair.

I screamed.
Loudly.
Until my voice gave out.

Amos is still traumatized and I am still checking to make sure the spider is no longer in my hair (after all that screaming and flailing and dancing about).  My friend Celia would probably find a new home for the spider.  If I see it again, I am thinking it might just end up permanently flattened.  Squished.  Dead.




I am thinking that Amos would not mind if I got rid of the spider.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

2 comments:

Caryl said...

Hi Myrtle! Thanks for thinking of me ... always like to see photos, photos, photos! I can't decide which of the 2 fog photos I like better either. Keep taking photos - I look forward to more :-)

Myrtle said...

I like the light in the first photo and the tree in the second photo. Thanks for another tree frog photo, by the way!!