Monday, April 27, 2015

Rainy days and Mondays...


Another cold, damp, and dreary day.  The forecast shows that we might actually have Spring temperatures starting Saturday.  I really miss being able to spend time out on the airing porch.

While still at the very beginning of what I want to capture, I did write up a post on automaticity and fluency on my new literacy notes blog.  This one, I was able to write off the top of my head, but I will admit that I have been worried because I could not find my notecards that I used back when I was a literacy professor.  Surely I did not downsize them!  Last night, I found it difficult to sleep thinking of what I wanted to capture and the loss of those notecards.




However, I found them when I started looking at office supplies in the basement!  I have the four main texts that I used as a professor, but I really, really, really need my notecards.

The disappointing part of my search for office supplies in the basement to donate is that I really do not want to give up the majority of what is left there.  You see, I have this secret, deep desire to get a color laser printer.  I want to be able to make things like I used to do so and help others out with their projects.  IF I got the color laser printer, then all the paper supplies I have for a color laser printer would come in handy.  It is like the books.  I feel like I should give them all up, but I wonder if I might still someday have a chance to be who I used to be ... be more than I am now.  If not light design work, then a workshop on literature or literacy.

SIGH.

All I brought upstairs was a box of Avery postcards for the printer.  I'm not much interested in making postcards.  Tri-fold brochures, well, that's another story.  I'd like to make more of those.  And cut sheets.  And newsletters.  I put a box of mailing labels out and then put in back in storage.  Maybe I could take it out once more.  After all, anyone who wanted me to do mailing labels could buy their own. I certainly don't need mailing labels ... right?

Amos needs his ears detangled.  I cannot even speak the word "ears" anymore around him without him running to hide.  Wednesday is his "torture" session at the vet, so I thought I would hold off making him all sweet smelling and presentable until tomorrow night.

It is almost as if he knows.  Or, maybe, it is just that he is absolutely and utterly addicted to the weighted blanket Becky sent me.  Amos, by the way, rather strongly believes that she sent it to him.  If he's not up and about playing, Amos demands to be beneath the blanket.  He whimpers and whines and paws rather frenetically until I make a space for him beneath the blanket.

Right now, Amos is beneath a quilt, a wool throw, a chenille throw, and the weighted blanket.  Near suffocated, but absolutely content.  Silly puppy dog.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Paws off Amos! I can make a weighted blanket just for you. What's your favorite color?

Myrtle said...

Amos here.

My favorite color is GREEN of course, since I mostly live my life to make Myrtle happy. That and eat food. All kinds of food. Even non-GREEN food.