Sunday, April 19, 2015

Those darned closets...


I am tired of being nauseous, so I thought I would distract myself by trying to be firm about downsizing my clothing.  After several hours, texting with my brother and then talking with my sister and dozens of rather firm conversations with myself, I collected the following for donation:

  • 2 skirts
  • 3 slacks
  • 7 jackets
  • 16 shirts
  • 3 suits
  • 1 dress winter coat

The problem is ... I still have far more clothes that I actually need.  For example, I kept two suits.  Will I ever wear a suit again?  I kept my holiday party outfit.  Will I ever go to a holiday party again? I kept seven nice/work outfits.  Will I ever be wearing nice/work clothing anymore?  I could go on, but you get the point.  Mostly, I think that all I need are my flowy skirts, lounge pants, and hoodies.  It would be nice if I could find some tops (other than hoodies) to wear with my flowy skirts.  I do have that one white jacket....

I worked at real jobs from 16 to 44.  I built up a substantial wardrobe over that time and kept all my clothing in really good condition.  Most of what I am donating is Chico's clothing and much of it silk.  SIGH.  I shall miss the clothing even though not one bit of it has been on my body in the past four years.

I kept my red leather jacket.
Not that I need a red leather jacket.
Do I?

For my one meal today, I made the Beef with Sugar Snap Peas again.  In doing so, I realized I had forgotten one ingredient and put the wrong amount for another ingredient.  So, I updated the recipe.  I had looked for other recipes that use sugar snap peas, since I originally bought two bags, but ended up just buying another piece of sirloin last night when I was at Meijer.  Since I now know that the recipe freezes well, I put all three of the other servings in the freezer.  Last time, I also ate it plain, because I was too tired to make rice.  But this afternoon I made Jasmine rice and enjoyed how it soaked up the stir-fry sauce.

Amos did, too.

I will note that making stir-fry destroys my kitchen far worse than any other recipe.  There are piles and piles and piles of dishes and utensils and miles and miles and miles of dirty counter.  The stove ... I don't even want to think about it.  I might just take a nap before tackling the kitchen.

As in take a nap now..........

No comments: