Thursday, October 27, 2016

Brown, bushes, and a ballot...




My evergreen is turning brown, with the leaves (do you call them that?) falling to the ground.  I am rather worried about it, because I disremember it ever turning brown before.  I thought the name means the tree stays GREEN all year long.




Late tonight, realizing that it was Thursday (the day before garage collection), I popped outside to prune down my rose bushes for the winter.  With all the STINKING HOT weather this fall, the roses are rather confused.  I ended up cutting off many buds, these being a fair selection.  I wonder if they will open.

Other than some hasty pruning to fill the rest of the yard waste bag, all I accomplished today was to check on the status of my absentee ballot, which is now marked received.  Finally, after torturing myself trying to stand in line, I got the brilliant idea of registering for absentee voting.  The packet that arrived was, to me, far more confusing than using machines.  For one, the ballot had 330 ovals that could be filled in on it.  The voting options didn't start with one and move down numerically, so I had to hunt for each grouping of numbers.

The thing that sort of cracked me up was that I had to put my ballot into a privacy envelope.  Then I had to put the privacy envelope into the signature envelope.  Then I had to put the signature envelope into the mailing envelope.  Personally, I think two envelopes would have been sufficient.  I will admit that I was a tad disappointed that there was no "I Voted" sticker in the packet.  Still, I am thanking for the opportunity to vote without great strain on my body.

No comments: