Sunday, April 16, 2017

Do something...


In an effort to escape the crushing loneliness of Easter, I spend the day getting through each moment because I was busing DOING SOMETHING.




  • I took Amos for a walk.
  • I replaced the glass panels for screen ones on both storm doors.
  • I sanded and stained a block of wood for a foot rest.




  • I cleaned out, turned the soil, and added soil mix to the raised bed,.
  • I replaced the water in all three bird baths.
  • I took out the trash.
  • I helped my neighbor with her contract and benefits paperwork.




  • I made honey butter.
  • I brewed tea.
  • I made a pitcher of gatorade.
  • I made a batch of baked oatmeal muffins (but I forgot the blueberries, so it is a naked batch of baked oatmeal muffins).
  • I made a batch of flour tortilla dough balls for my freezer.




  • I changed the sheets on my bed.
  • I gave Amos a bath (he was all sweaty from keeping watch out whilst I was working on the raised bed).
  • I took a shower.
  • I did the laundry from the bedding and the toweling.

I'm bloody exhausted, but I managed to get through this day that is about the wonderful gift Christ brought to this world in His birth, death, and resurrection, but is filled with images of family and loved ones gathering together.  On Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, it is seemingly impossible to escape the fact that I do not have a family and/or loved ones who gather together.  It isn't just loneliness, it is this acute reminder that I do not have a place where I belong.  SIGH.

But I do have this amazing home.  
I do have my beloved Fluffernutter.  
And I do have friends who love me.

No comments: