Friday, March 18, 2005

I am disappointed in myself. I vowed not to end up doing the work for others on these nominations. Yet over the last two weeks, I have spent more time trying to get others to work on them than it would have taken me to write them myself if I could get the source material. I also clearly said that I would not work on them the day they were due, but I did.

I drew a line in the sand and watched while others walked past.

I wish I could figure out a way to set boundaries that work at work. I want to be able to say that when it comes to doing things at the last minute, when the opportunity was there to plan and prepare, I will not end up helping to bail people out.

But can I say that? Even as a manager?

I am working too much…staying late too often…logging on at night and during the weekends too much.

No comments: