Monday, March 07, 2005

We had an intervention of sorts today. I thought it was going to be a working out of things, but I felt more attacked than anything. I feel battered and bruised and hardly hopeful that anything will change.

I single handedly seem to be discrediting this person’s reputation at work. She is angry over stuff from last fall that I didn’t even know about. I am selfish and unhelpful and disingenuous and not a team player and …

Am I these things?

Have I not spent eleven months trying to raise the caliber of communications and getting marketing tools in place for people to use? Have I not ended up working last minute time and time again while watching the tasks I’ve asked to be done fall by the wayside over and over?

I am not saying I’m perfect. I am not.

However, I am not the person she believes me to be.

I honestly cannot see how today’s meeting helped. She said that she could walk away from her frustration and anger at me and start anew, but I am not hopeful. We are to avoid email and use the phone. I am not hopeful that will happen either.

Where is that attitude adjustment when you need it?

It is business, not personal. It is business, not personal. It is business, not personal.

No comments: