Saturday, December 24, 2005

This day has been a good day.

I have felt rather lonely this holiday season and worked to fill Christmas eve with something other than longing for company.

I awoke early and met with Kashi's vet. She and I went over his test results and discussed his treatment options. He is going to start taking some Chinese herbs next week. I truly hope they help him.

I then went to my favorite clothing store, Chico's, to return the two pair of pants that I bought for the Italy trip. I never wore the second pair because the fabric of the first pair became pilled after just a couple weeks of wear. The sales associate that I work with each time credited my card...and then showed me this rather comfortable suit. I had received a Visa gift card, so I used the credit and the card to purchase the suit. [I happen to think that I look rather good in it.]

I came home and turned my energies to the house and yard. I raked the leaves that had fallen since the last time I tended the yard and bagged them up to leave at the curb next Tuesday. I trimmed back the ivy and Wisteria that had become a bit overgrown. I relocated Bird Central (in yet another attempt to stop feeding the squirrels) and filled all three feeders. I also repotted three plants and gave everything a good watering.

Inside, I filled, ran, and emptied the dishwasher, did three loads of laundry, and replaced the batteries in the carbonmonoxide detector. I also emptied the trash and cleaned out the refrigerator. [I am avoiding the vacuum cleaner.]

Finally, I reconciled my bank statement, paid my bills for the month, installed three new software programs, updated Windows, Office, and ran a security scan on my computer.

All this was accomplished while keeping my attention on the football games today. [Football was the reason for the early rise this morning.]

So, now, I am curled up on the couch watching the second of two rather atrocious avalanche disaster movies and reading a book.

Today was a good day.

No comments: