Monday, April 09, 2007

If you did not figure it out, the doors are upside down. I cannot just flip them, because the top section needs two holes and there is only one hole on the current "bottom." I am rather loathe to try and drill a second hole because the block holding the fixtures of the bi-fold door appears to be like pressed cardboard. A piece of it broke off when I was putting one of the top fixtures in earlier. I am a bit flummoxed as to how to fix this...especially since I am sure the man who cut them down for me would not volunteer to do it a second time. At least my paint job looks good!

Today was quite hectic. One miscalculation was that while I was left behind to hold down the fort, I was not briefed on the national board meeting details. I fielded so many calls of questions that I lost track of them. An assumption led to a missing plane ticket and a miscommunication led to a missing hotel reservation. To top it all off, no one had checked the mailing list for PO Boxes before the FedEx packages went out, so nine of the board books were still sitting in distribution centers. I called for each address and then updated the three places they are stored. And I thought I would be twiddling my thumbs for three days. Boy, was I wrong!

I started a guideline for the next assistant-to-the-assistant who arrives there so that he/she will not have to reinvent the wheel, as I am the third and still have to figure out things as I go along...sometimes a bit too late. I always like to leave places better off than I found them, so I hope this project will be as helpful as I imagine it to be. It is a poor exchange for the vast amount of time I have had to edit my novel while being paid for sitting at a desk. However, it is a good start, eh?

No comments: