Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My great accomplishment today was 350 booklets for a national association meeting.

First, I collated four stacks of 350 sets into one set. Then I collated two stacks of 350 sets into a second one. Of course, someone decided to add a position paper into the first set, so I re-collated those two stacks into another set.

These two sets were the final ones that needed to be added to what I collated the other day. So, there were 700 pocket folders that had to be filled. I tried doing the work with my eyes closed, but that did not work very well. I did try to honor God even in this work, though my heart was heavy that here I was doing something mindless when I long to use my brain for something strategic, something substantial.

They had allotted two days for the job, but I finished by 4:30. Another miracle for that office. However, my miracles have paid off.

I gathered my nerve and gave my resume to the woman who hired me. She promptly emailed it to four people she knows. I was stunned and thankful and mentally took back all the grumbling I thought about her calling me "good girl."

I still want to move to Appleton, but I do know that if I were to get a job and hang on here for another year or two, I could whittle down the debt I have accumulated and move from a stronger position.

While I am thankful for the paycheck I will receive for this day, I would not be sorrowful if no more collating jobs came my way...

No comments: