Friday, September 07, 2007

Mowed. Fainted. Showered. Fainted. Threw all eight pillows off my bed in frustration. Saw Kashi staring at me. Burst into laughter. Plunked myself down in front of my laptop to start my evening work.

~~~~
In the past 12 days, I have worked 135 hours. I have three tasks for the weekend, but am not sure how long they will take. This is extremely tough, however I am learning to remain focused for long periods of time with just short breaks.

Through all of this, I have become the queen of lists. I make a list for the morning, for my time at work, for my lunch break (I work some then), for my evening, for the house, for the weekends, and then those at night for the next day. I have lists for long-term projects. I have lists of things-that-I-can-do-to-make-me-feel-productive. I have lists of what can wait and what needs to be done immediately. I have lists for call and letters and things to remember. Simply put, I have been keeping a few lists to help me get by.

The funny thing is that as tired as I have been from working so much, you would think that I would be asleep before my head hit the pillow and sleep like a log. While the constant dizziness from withdrawing from that medication has eased ever so slightly, the other side effect of "intense dreams" has shown no sign of stopping. My dreams have become so wild, you would think I was on Ecstasy or something.

For example, last night I dreamt that I was at this diner where I apparently ate frequently. Nearly every evening, Michael Anthony Hall would stop by to eat with friends. Each night, I would smile at him and then duck my head in embarrassment when he smiled back. Over and over again, I waited to see him, smile, duck my head, and then eat my own meal. Then, one night he actually came over to invite me to join him for dinner. I blushed and asked if he saw me looking at him. He said he enjoyed my smile and wanted to see one up close. After dinner, I had to go to the dentist. While I was there, I saw two different dentists. One only cleaned the upper teeth while the other did the lower ones. It was the same for the x-rays. Michael went with me because he wanted to spend more time with me. Part of the dental service was a cardio treatment, but Michael suggested we go for a walk instead of using the treadmill. However, once we were outside, he whipped out a syringe and jammed it into my thigh, all the while looking like a lion waiting for his prey to finally fall. I stumbled away from him and started running. I eventually found a metro station and searched through my pockets for the fee. It was $7.70 for a one-way trip that was just a couple of stations away. While trying to count the coins, my sister (who lives states and states away) suddenly appeared next to me searching her own pockets. However, she didn't want the machine to give her a metro ticket. She was going to buy some cotton candy! I look at her as if she were crazy, and she just pointed to the button for it that was right in front of my face. Fortunately, at that point Kashi jumped up on the bed to join me and woke me from my dream.

No comments: