Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Lately, Pastor F has been singing of the Yes and Amen of Christ:

For as many as may be the promises of God, in Him they are yes; wherefore also by Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. ~2 Corinthians 1:20

Because of this, Pastor F read the psalmody in the confession/absolution liturgy in the following way to me:

Create in me a clean heart, O God.  Yes and Amen.
and renew a right spirit within me.  Yes and Amen.
Cast me not away from your presence.  Yes and Amen.
and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.  Yes and Amen.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation.  Yes and Amen.
and uphold me with your free Spirit.  Yes and Amen.
~Psalm 51:10-12

Tonight, I have been sitting here pondering on the hard things of this day...and the good things of Christ given to me.  For as many as be the promises of God...even for Myrtle...they are a resounding Yes...and Amen!


Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!

No comments: