Friday, August 26, 2011

I thought I could, but how could I...

I had a conversation yesterday morning with someone who invited me, some time later, to a networking meeting with key folk in the non-profit world here.  He knows people in several organizations it would be a privilege to serve.  And he insisted this non-profit would would be filled with organizations willing to accommodate my needs to have my skills.  My old boss has been rather insistant that I would be, still, very much value added.  I admit, in the course of that conversation, hope bloomed.

Today, I started tackling things on my hiatus list.  Too soon, I know. But I did.  The first task was small, something I have wanted to do for several months.

In my basement are four windows without curtains. I bought hooks to screw into the frames and rods for the curtains. I already have four pieces of lace curtains, but they are cut from longer ones, so a pocket needs to be sewn in the top.  I do not sew.  But I can pin.  I thought, since few visit me, that it would be better to have pinned curtains than no curtains.

So, I took the rods, curtains, pins, and hooks to the basement. I screwed eight hooks into wooden frames. I pinnned four curtains.  And I hung them.  Forty-five minutes of labor. Forty-five minutes of standing up and or bending over (while I pinned).  Easy, eh?

No.  It was not.  I was trembling like a leaf being whipped about by storm winds when I was through.  I collapsed on the couch.  And I fell asleep.  Tell me, how in the world could pinning and hanging curtains be so draining?

Sometimes I wonder how I got here.  Sometimes I wonder where I am going.  Sometimes I wish people would hear me...screaming...that this is where I am.  Where a simple task is too much.  Sometimes.  More times that I wish to face.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

3 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

But even at the cost of much agony, you got it done. You're spunkier than you give yourself credit for. At least that's what I think. . .

Myrtle said...

Thank you, Dolph. Still blows me away when either you or Sue call me spunky!

ftwayne96 said...

That's because spunkiness, like humility, doesn't recognize its own reflection in the mirror. You may quote me on that, if you like. :-)