Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Same song, different verse...



  • When I do the shopping, I should not fetch prescriptions, run errands, do laundry, putter in the soil, refill the hummingbird feeders, or bathe Amos.
  • When I fetch prescriptions, I should not run errands, do laundry, putter in the soil, refill the hummingbird feeders, bathe Amos, or do the shopping.
  • When I run errands, I should not do laundry, putter in the soil, refill the hummingbird feeders, bathe Amos, do the shopping, or fetch prescriptions.
  • When I putter in the soil, I should not refill the hummingbird feeders, bathe Amos, do the shopping, fetch prescriptions, run errands, or do laundry.
  • When I refill the hummingbird feeders, I should not bathe Amos, do the shopping, fetch prescriptions, run errands, do laundry, or putter in the soil.
  • When I bathe Amos, I should not do the shopping, fetch prescriptions, run errands, do laundry, or putter in the soil, or refill the hummingbird feeders.


I did all those yesterday and am exhausted, in pain, and rather weak.  I'm so stupid at times ... thinking I can still ... be some semblance of me.  To make matters worse, I forgot to take the erythromycin all day.  So, I awoke with violent waves of nausea and have endured innards writhing all day.

If you know me, you will understand when I say that I headed up to bed both without finishing folding the laundry and without doing dishes from yesterday.  All I could manage was to pile them in the sink.  Today was not much better.

I finished the dishes and I folded the laundry.
I moaned and groaned.
And I took photos.




I know it doesn't look like much, but I am so very happy that the two empty spots are filled and I love, love, love the alternate coloring.




This is the last (and best) of the cuttings I rooted from the giant spotted begonia.  I am still sad that I killed the original, old, beautiful plant.  Well, the gust of wind that blew open the airing porch door this winter killed it.  But I made that possible by forgetting to turn the lock on the door the last time I opened it.




Happiness is having all my porch pots filled again.  Lets hope all the sedum cuttings settle in and enjoy their new home.




I have six of this size of these GREEN pots and two larger ones.  Happiness is sedums in GREEN pots.




The pot in the middle is the one with all the leftover bits, so we don't want a closeup of that.  But you can see the three plants I moved from the solarium last week (was it??) are most happy outside.




I love that bird.  Yes, I love rocks and turtles and frogs and such in my pots and outside of them.  I also like glazed pottery pots.  I used to have a rather incredible glazed pottery basin to the fountain before someone broke it.  But lets not think of that right now.




Rocks.  Have I mentioned rocks?  I adore rocks.  My very most favorite museum of the Smithsonian was the Natural History Museum.





Okay, I know.  The pot on the left is rather pitiful.  But that is a tiny cutting of the string of pearl plant that I am hoping will root and take over this pot.  I whisper sweet nothings to it every day.  Remember the glorious string of pearls??




Happiness is a thriving string of pearls right by your front door!




Sadly, it is too stinking hot for me to sit out on the porch and enjoy all the sedum cuttings (hopefully) enjoying their new homes.  It's going to be too stinking hot for eons.

Tell me, how in the world are my boxwoods going to get into the front bed????

No comments: