Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One step closer...


My day lilies started blooming...



That is a good thing.

The billing nightmare from the two incorrect glucose challenge tests from two years ago came back.  Someone in billing reversed the charges.  When I was at my doctor's office, her check-out staff (wonderfully merciful women) printed out the notes on the account which very clearly state that a supervisor documented the lab's error in both tests and that a refund would be sent to my insurance company and my share of the charges would be credited.  The notes also document the check number  and amount sent to the insurance company.

Glucose challenge tests are really, really, really hard on me.  I get quite ill.  So to have two done incorrectly, to have two where the C-Peptide was run but not the glucose on each draw over the four hour test, was really discouraging.  To have to fight to have billing straightened out from April to September 2012 was really, really discouraging.  To discover the charges appearing again, now noted as an account in default and would be sent to collections was really, really, really discouraging.  To have a supervisor in billing tell me that the notes I had in my hand, entered by billing staff, were not accurate was overwhelming.  Eventually, I was told I would receive a call back in 30 minutes after the situation was studied.  The supervisor's manger never called back.

I am not going to call again until next week.
Once a week of such madness is all that I can bear.

CVS found another two bottles of the erythromycin solution somewhere in the country, so they are being sent here.  That was good news.  However, not only am I struggling to remember to take all four doses, I am not not able to remember whether or not I have just taken one.  I star at the measuring syringe and cannot remember.  There is just blankness.

Even in the shower, sometimes I cannot remember if I have washed my hair or not.  I can check whether or not I have shaved.  And it doesn't matter quite so much if I use extra soap, shampoo, or conditioner (not that I want to do so), but it does matter if I take extra doses of medication.

Today, while I couldn't do anything about the second dose I did not know if I took, I came up with an idea going forward.  I erased the reminder food items on my GREEN refrigerator board.  I wrote the numbers 1-4.  And I used this odd magnet a child gave me once when I was reading at schools to mark the third dose.  Once I actually draw out the dose from the bottle, I will move the magnet to the next number.




While the pills are ridiculously expensive, it is nice to have a visual confirmation if I have taken them.  I really do depend quite a bit on the 4-dose / 7-day medication container system I bought.

After talking with Firewood Man, I decided to not have him power wash the back porch.  He thought it really wasn't necessary.  So, I used the blower again, used the jet setting on the hose sprayer, and used my floor squeegee to clean off the back porch as best as possible.  It's raining today, so the boards were already going to be some wet.  Thus, I am one step closer to being done.  Being DONE.




After many days of steamy hot weather and rainy weather, we are supposed to have three to four days of stinking hot weather.  If the boards dry out from their cleaning, I might be able to seal the floor on Thursday.  Firewood Man is coming to mow on Saturday this week, so if the porch is ready, he said he would put the grill back in place for me.

Yes, I hosed down the ceiling, wall, window, door, and lattice, too.  There's sure to be sawdust around here for months to come.  Maybe years.  Did you know that sawdust can survive a trip through the washer and dryer??




Amos is all exhausted from missing me whilst I labored on the back porch floor.  He's so tired that he couldn't even be bothered to curl up properly last night.  Right now, all four paws are up all mingled together.

He may also be tired from attending his violently nauseous puppy momma in the wee hours of the morning for the past four days.  For the second time, I forgot to put the bottle of the erythromycin solution back into the refrigerator, which affects its efficacy.  Last time, it was six hours.  This time, three.  So, maybe that is why I am puky and battling abdominal pain.  Who knows.  Sleeping has been hard.

Yesterday, I awoke at 7:00 could not fall back asleep.  So, I decided, at 8:30, to get up instead of lying in bed frustrated with myself.  By 10:00, I had got to both Target and CVS to fetch prescriptions and come back home.  Such a long, long day.  Whilst I did nap in the afternoon, it made for a very long day.  I was up again until 5:00, until the Zofran worked.  But today I slept until nearly 2:00 PM.  We are both exhausted.  Only I don't sleep with my paws up in the air.

I am nauseous again now.
Blood pressure?
Blood sugar?
Innards?


SIGH.

No comments: