Sunday, November 16, 2014

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


The mowing and leaf-raking and wood-bringing help did not come this week, so I was left to rake the leaves in front yard to the park strip, since this is our week for pick-up.  Of course, the minute I started raking (and ultimately fainting), it started to snow.


Seriously???




I persevered and finished.




Yet I fear all that labor was all for naught, because it kept snowing and snowing and snowing.  I am, however, inordinately pleased to be able to report that the front steps were not slippery in the least.  They might not look ... pretty ... but they are now finally safe in inclement weather!




Did I mention that it kept on snowing?  Can you find Amos??  He's forgotten that he actually likes snow, so my beloved fluff ball has been holding his bowels all day.  Neither one of us is happy about that.




I thought the snow on the magnolia tree was particularly beautiful, but I should have tried to take the photo with a regular camera.  I was ... of course ... too tired.  A slightly blurry photo will have to do.

Yesterday, I was so tired that I did little all day.  Very, very, very little.  I also only woke three times last night even though I slept 14 hours.  Today, I did the folding, stuffing, sealing, and labeling for the monthly mailing I've been doing for b.  Only, even with wearing the compression gloves, the pain in my hands was almost unbearable.  The folding is the worst.  I think, despite the great need for money given my too expensive medications, I will need to find someone else to do this job.

I struggle with that thought.  I do.  I mean, it is only once a month for a few hours.  Surely the pain is worth having some extra money, right?  Or is it?  I ... I just do not hurt any more than I have to in the future.  And I am not sure if doing a monthly mailing is a have-to.

Other than the mailing and the leaves, the other laboring I did today was to put out two more bags of mulch, almost all of it on the raised bed.  I did that first, before the raking.  I did not know it was going to snow.  I would have, had I looked at the forecast.




[Look at next Friday!!]

But something impelled me to stop putting off the task of covering the raised bed with mulch.  I admit that I was considering not trying to save the three herbs left in there and just replacing them next Spring.  However, I had the mulch on hand and there are those garlic cloves to consider.

After mulching around the completed porch and today's tending of the raised bed, there are three bags of mulch left in the garage.  There is no way ... absolutely no way ... that I am lugging them to where they go.  But maybe someone will come along who wishes for the bushes I replaced out front to have a thicker covering of mulch for the winter as much as do I.

Anyway, after the mulch was laid, I set to raking and the snow set to falling.
And falling.
And falling still.

I don't think the snow knows that winter solstice is still many weeks away.

No comments: