Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Little by little...


Last night and long into the wee hours of the morning, I had dire thoughts and did not believe I could bear the pain in my body a moment more.  But I did.  And as the day wore on—assisted by copious amounts of pain medication—I knew that I would ... one day ... be better.  Pain medication and lots of naps.

Aside from resting and resting and resting more, I continued to work on the laundry that I had started.  It helped to move a bit.  And I felt less like a slug.  But, mostly, I also needed socks.

Along with the laundry, I also did a bit of home improvement.  My folding laundry rack is still filled with almost dry herbs.  A while ago, Becky told me that she had laundry lines in her basement.  Ever since then, I wanted to make some.  I just didn't want to cut the rope I have.  It's purple ... and pretty.




But I did.

I used four book rings and two lengths of rope to create laundry lines that I can put up whenever I need.  You see, the rafters of my basement ceiling have millions of nails driven in at an angle.  For months, after moving in, I kept finding more and more things tucked up in the ceiling.  Then, I was rather irritated.  Now, I am thankful because it made hanging the laundry lines easy.

Perhaps this is a "well, duh" moment, but the laundry dried much more quickly hanging on the line than it does all jammed together on the folding rack.  I've already folded and put away the three paint shirts I had gotten dirty over the past few weeks.  It is nice to know that my work clothing ought not to be needed anymore ... at least until Spring.

I admit that the daughter of an interior designer finds the laundry lines to be rather ugly in my beautified basement.  However, my practical, pragmatic, and penny-pinching self is happy to have a way to dry even more of my laundry without using electricity!

I also emptied the dishwasher, because I needed a glass. However, all the dishes from yesterday and today are still in the sink.  Maybe tomorrow.  Or the next day.  Definitely after more naps and resting and doing nothing.

Besides, the germs that were brought over here the other day have been getting worse.  First the scratchy throat.  Then the stuffy nose.  Now the fever.  SIGH.

No comments: