Thursday, January 08, 2015

A few wishes...


When I took Amos out this morning, it was -6 degrees, with a windchill of -27.  Amos is finding it incredibly difficult to take care of his business out of doors whilst keeping his paws off the ground.  It is so pitiful to watch my little fluff ball have his paws start to freeze.  He asks to go out, gets outside, and begs to come back inside.  I think he needs boots.

We would both like the weather to be a tad bit warmer.

My pastor came to visit today.  This visit and last, I switched to the couch so as to keep Amos from climbing atop the man.  Last visit, Amos stayed on the couch with me.  This time, he made room for himself in the GREEN chair despite it being occupied by a pastor.

I think this is because, for weeks now, I've been sitting up on the couch as much as possible so that I can breathe easier with this never-ending pseudo cold.  Amos, who firmly believes that he should be in my lap, has been making room for himself even when there really isn't room.  He can fit his incredible stretching body into the tiniest balls of fluff.

It struck me tonight:  Amos doesn't think that I am his puppy momma, he thinks I am his GREEN chair!  In short, I am furniture.  A sobering realization.  I'd like to be more than furniture.

It does crack me up that Amos, in his squeezing into the smallest of spaces also insists on being beneath the blankets.  He knows what he wants and goes for it.  I'd like to be more like Amos.

I weep, though, when I see Amos leap out of my lap in terror just because I've knocked something to the floor.  His startle response is not one bit better since the pit bull attack.  Mine is, but not his.  My little fluff ball fears almost all the world.  I get that.  I'd like for us both to not be such slaves to fear.

I'd also like ... one day soon ... to be less germy.

SIGH.


No comments: