Thursday, January 01, 2015

And the light was felled...


There I was, enjoying the heck out of my new candle holder.  My portable fireplace.  The soothing flickering of light that could go with me anywhere and be savored in all weather.

I thought, at first, the boom I heard was another firework being set off.  Then, I caught sight of the candle holder.  It had ... exploded ... for lack of a better word.  The bottom portion was several inches away from the top and the tiniest of shards were spread across the table next to the GREEN chair.

I wept.

Part of me was in disbelief and part was busy kicking myself for ... being so bloody thankful for and hopeful about that bit of comfort that I've savored pretty much non-stop since I lit the first candle.

Don't you think that a votive candle holder ought to be able to handle the heat of a votive candle?????

SIGH.

No comments: