Sunday, March 08, 2015

Is it time for bed yet...


It is 1:44 PM as I sit here typing and I am ready for bed.  SIGH.

I slept 12 hours, got up, showered, and then went to fetch my prescriptions and groceries.  My neighbor—thoroughly bribed with gorp, soft granola, and rosemary butter—was really helpful with all the reaching and fetching and such.  I try very hard to have my list in the order of items in the store, but I always forget the Ginger Ale when I'm near the milk.  And, I kid you not, we looped the peanut butter aisle SIX times because I was not looking carefully on my list.  Most of the canned and dry goods were on that aisle.

I made myself walk at Target, just to say that I did, but I am so bloody exhausted, not even some Taco Bell can keep me awake.  All the groceries are put away and with almost two hours to the NASCAR race, I thought that I would make the stew.  Only.  Only.  I want to go to bed.

In attempt to hang on until the race, I entered my prescriptions in my medical expense spreadsheet and updated my budget Over/Under.  The state tax bill is going to make my Over/Under for the year less Over, but I am still, two full months in, at a positive for savings for the year.  Meaning ... I am carving out dollars to save instead of breaking even or going negative on my spending.

I also checked my austerity progress.  I need just $200 more for the state tax bill.  It has been difficult to be so penurious and practice such financial will power, but the culinary hoard in my freezer has helped make such possible.  On average (even though March is not over), I've squeezed $100 a month.  I thought for sure my grocery bill, with the large amount of stables and re-stocking, would break the budget, but I am still under my grocery/household amount. I would like to buy a package of chicken, but that is because I am itching to re-stock my freezer as well.  I can make two chicken dishes between now and next budget cycle, which should be enough to satisfy my need to regularly cook chicken.

I would really, really, really like to pay that tax bill without robbing Peter to pay Paul.  Clearly, barring some medical disaster, I will be able to get the rest of the money pinching pennies here and there, but I wish to have it all collected by April 15th, not December 31st.

I just got up and changed into my pajamas.

After checking my FitBit, I think that my body has decided that after ~4,000 steps, it is bedtime.  Or my midnight.  If I can change my step goal on my FitBit, why can I not change my step goal on my body?  My neighbor commented that I have been talking about deep exhaustion since November.  She's right.  Then, I feared it was my new "normal."  It seems that fear was not unfounded.

I'm too bloody tired even in the mornings to put enough thoughts together to write about all the interesting bits of the Luke commentary.

Oh, if I ask next fall or at the turn of the new year, when I'm scouring my budget, I will be in the donut hole in March.


No comments: