Sunday, November 08, 2015

Recovering...


I have been trying to recover from all the herb work that I have been doing.  I really do enjoy having a raised bed, but I do not enjoy the strain of the labor.




First, I got the sage, thyme, and oregano harvested and the rosemary bushes potted and all brought inside ... fainting along the way.

Of course, that meant that Amos and I needed baths, which meant stripping the bedding, when led to laundry, that really, really, really should have waited.

Saturday, I had to fetch prescriptions, but gave up on the idea of getting groceries, too.  I was still so very tired and yet needed to bundle and hang the herbs I harvested.




I have yet to harvest the rosemary I had planned to dry.  This evening, I am just not sure I will. I had thought to send it out to friends, but ... I don't know. I am so tired!  I did cut off three pieces for my second batch of my 15-Bean Soup, which I tweaked a bit this evening when I made it (including adding the salt that I forgot to put in the recipe when I was typing it up).




It took three trips up the stairs to get everything to the solarium.  Each time I headed back down,  I stopped to admire just how much the broken piece of the hanging basket (over on the far side of the solarium) has grown.  I probably should break off the long bit and create another pot, but I do not have anyone to give it to and I do not need to be creating another pot to winter in the solarium (take outside and then bring inside and then take outside, etc.).




I am pleased with having the raised bed all cleaned out, except for the garlic that is a year old and still not grown very much.  The bed, however, needs more compost manure, peat, and soil.  I can order it from Lowe's and having it loaded into my car, but I am not sure I can get it from the car to the bed.  I would really, really, really like to have it stewing over the winter rather than add it in next Spring.

The soup took what little energy that I managed to get back today, but I am actually getting a bit empty in the basement freezer.  Tomorrow is counseling, and I plan to do nothing but that.  Tuesday, I have to leave at 6:00 IN THE MORNING to go to the cardiologist.  The palpitations are much, much, much better.  I am less scared.  And, oddly, I am wondering if begging for prayer is why I am better.  Despite the expense, I still want to go to the appointment and ask if he will put in an order for monitoring and have me come in the next time it is bad.

Because the grocery shops are right on the way home, I am planning on trying to fetch some things on the way home.  If I am successful, other than a bit of cooking, I plan on doing nothing all the way until next my next appointment on the 17th.

Absolutely nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.

If I forget, please remind me.

No comments: