Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Candy...


I was like a kid in a candy shop today.  Waiting for the alarm to go off telling me to leave for lunch was near excruciating, especially since I had been up since 6:00 AM.  I was so excited that I could not fall back to sleep after taking my morning meds and feeding Amos.

At lunch, I might possibly have talked a mile a minute, not even stopping when one of their children spilled water on the table (I am so glad I wasn't the one spilling).  I talked about The Chronicles of Elantra, True Words, the Living Word, the Bible, the Book of Concord, and Michael Card's commentaries on the Gospel.  And I ate.  A lot.  More than I do in a couple of days.  Tasty.




Celia is such a creative person.  And she shares that creativity with others.  In this case, I received my second painted rock from her.  Can you see the hidden message in the vines??  Those are lady bugs crawling up the fence!  Don't you like the cardinal?  And there are three ruby throated hummingbirds there, too.  I just LOVE this.  What a special gift.  I am wondering if maybe I should take it with me when I have surgery next week to use as a focus.

So, basically, I was wired!

After lunch, Eric took the boys to the mall to walk so that Celia and I could visit.  She was patient whilst I filled up with gas on the way home (a gas hike was predicted ... was 30 cents!!) and then visited with me.  She like my now footed coffee table and the rest of my new living room.  That warmed the cockles of my heart.  Whilst there was not enough time, Celia started watching The Martian with me.  [I just love that movie.]  She still let me chatter, but it was fun having someone with whom I could share it.

Before she left, because I had mentioned it, Celia hugged me.  Yes. A hug.  I think I am still thinking about it, but I was not afraid.  I am thankful that she did.

Because I was still so ... excited ... I thought I would try walking through Target when I went to fetch my prescriptions.  I do that ... think I should be walking in stores.  But I got so tired whilst looking for curtains for the high windows in the guest suite that I needed help leaving.  Motorized help.

I used the wheelchair shopping cart in Walmart, but was so tired that I did not finish my list.  I think that it is a sign of improvement on my part:  I left instead of pushing through (which really should be punishing through).




One of the things that has helped me with shopping the most is this bag.  I bought two of them last spring.  They slip over your shoulder, so carrying them into the house is much easier.  They are insulated bags with quality zippers.  They hold two gallons of milk and then some.

What I find helpful about using them is that I no longer have to rush to put away groceries when I come home.  I can sit down and even nap a bit before the work of putting away groceries.  The bags were only $7.99.  I am very pleased with the quality and the way in which I find them helpful.  I had bought one and later went back for a second when I realized their use.

Being so exhausted this afternoon, I was grateful for the flexibility of not rushing around to tend to my cold items.  Very grateful.

Clock Man messaged to let me know that he was able to clean my grandfather's watch!  I had brought it when I dropped off the clock, just in case.  Often, with older watches, all they really need is a good cleaning.  The works are spinning beautifully, so I thought I might pick it up tomorrow if my fourth prescription is ready.  Otherwise, I won't go out again for a few days so that I can rest more.

You know ... rest by painting the second coat on the bookshelf and making two curtains out of the one I bought and maybe getting to that carpet shampooing in my in-between moments of living.

No comments: