Saturday, August 12, 2017

Casualty...


I often do not know how I feel.  It helps me when others, such as my therapist or my very dear friends Mary and Becky, tell me what I am feeling.  Well, I mentioned that last week I joined a Facebook support group for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.  It has been helpful for me primarily because I have been able to encourage others who share my experience in one fashion or another.  But I have also been ... comforted ... by seeing some of the same struggles I have in others.  However, Friday I read a post that brought me to my figurative knees.  I have been trying to write about it ever since, but I have gotten nowhere.  So, I thought I would just post the words written by another that are mine:

I feel like a casualty not a survivor.

No comments: