Thursday, October 12, 2017

Another injury...


One of the things that I do not believe I have written about is, recently, finding myself with injuries without any knowledge of how I got them.  One of the ones that has puzzled me the most is a cut I got on my right leg that is deep enough to result in a scar.  I got it sometime this summer (I cannot remember when) and whenever I see the now scar, I wonder just what happened.

Well, my left foot has been hurting for a few days.  I cannot thing of anything that I did that might hurt it.  It is hard to describe, because it mostly hurts on the bottom of it, but more diffuse as I walk on it.  Hobble, really, though I have continued to walk on the treadmill.

So, when I awoke today, and about near screamed with my first step, I thought to actually look at the bottom of my foot.  It is bruised!  I mean, gee!  There must have been something really ... hard ... to bruise the bottom of my foot that way.  I must have stepped on something really hard to bruise my foot so and to have it hurt this much for so many days. But I don't remember doing that.

Nothing.
Only blankness.

I know that there have been a few other injuries, but I do not remember them.  SIGH.  Today, I answered a question for the therapist from last week, only I couldn't remember the why behind the question.  Why I was so deeply distraught the week before.  I worked on answering her question and didn't work on trying to remember.  After all, surely I would that.  But no.

Nothing
Only blankness.

I really wish I knew what caused this latest injury.

1 comment:

gbkulp said...

When I was teaching at the alternative school, the kids would use the phrase “feeling some sort of way about that.”
I imagine you are feeling some sort of way about that. Your loss of memory is such a distressing thing for you.