Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Not felled...


I've been working on tending to things in the yard. I thought that I had just three things left, but I somehow had several more tasks that needed done as well.  And, in doing them, I have put my working, resting, working, resting plan in jeopardy.  For the fence panels in my haven need to be sealed and tomorrow and Thursday is the first real opportunity that I have.

However, I did knock everything else off my list (and the extras) this evening, finishing by 9:00, which is well before my usual midnight gardening!  I got the remaining annuals planted (though they look so very dweeby in a circle around my ornamental magnolia I might rearrange them), the stray sedum in the front bed relocated, the bushes in the front bed fertilized, the pavers lining the front bed raised and straightened, some ornamental thyme relocated, a row of coral bells that was four plants is now a more balanced row of five, and three spots that I had not yet gotten to weed are now cleared out again.  In a nutshell, other than maybe moving the marigolds again before they get started, I do not need to do anything other than weeding for the rest of the growing season.

Except for that pesky sealing.

I adore tending wood.  All wood.  It is just that I am not capable of standing the way that I will need to be standing to get the fence panels done.  Alas, I am slightly dreading the morrow.  I dread not being able to do the work needing doing in my haven, not being able to be a responsible homeowner. For I know that that time is coming.

And then what will happen to me?

But that time is not now.  Now is a time when I have done the best job I've ever done in trying to manage my strength and tend to the things before me as I am able without punishing my body and leaving myself felled for days or even weeks.  Now that is a most remarkable accomplishment on my part.

No comments: