Thursday, December 13, 2018

Try this again...


Let me try this again...

I didn't really say what I wanted to say about being lost.  Not, mind you, that I am certain I can again. But before I try, I wanted to note that, when I went to my neurology appointment on Tuesday, I actually arrived at my rheumatologist's office.  When I learned of my error, I was crushed and ashamed and hastened over to the neurologist's office.  I was fortunate in that I went to the bank first and had left a large cushion when I was planning my leave time to ensure that I got to my appointment on time.  Had I been going straight there, the appointment would have been canceled for being late.

That is the fourth time in the past two months that I have messed up my appointments.  I was late to my GP appointment, and consequently missed it. I did the same to another one.  I showed up on the wrong day to my CT scan.   And now I had the wrong location.  SIGH.

I didn't tell the neurologist.
I forgot.

The thought I was trying to get across as part of being lost is being without purpose.  My dear friend Mary tells me that my purpose in life is being her friend.  Becky would agree.  Not to be rude to either one, but being a friend does not seem like much of a purpose.  Being purposeless, I feel as if I am aimlessly navigating each day.   When you are home all the time, Mondays are the same as Wednesdays.  Tuesdays the same as holidays.  Everything thing is the same.  And there is never any respite from it all.

It is agony not having a purpose.
Add it leaves me feeling lost.

No comments: