Monday, October 05, 2020

What was that...

 

For five months, since I've been ill, I've had this pain in my chest, left of center over my heart. Periodically. Regularly. Sharp. Stays for a while. I don't know how long.

Yesterday, it came again.
Then it began radiating.
And increasing in pain.

A part of me wanted to go to the ER, if nothing more than for an EKG and an troponin blood test.  But I didn't want to be admitted.  And I was just a bit too scared to make a decision.  I wasn't having any jaw pain, back pain, nausea pain, or pain in my left arm.

Instead, I texted my doctor. Then, later, I messaged my cardiologist.  As a result of the latter, I am going to  see my cardiologist on the morrow.  I am not sure if it is just to explain what is happening or if it is to schedule testing.  Sometimes, when new developments of my conditions arise, he explains them to me bit by bit.  I might possibly be one to worry with my body attacking me right and left over the past three and three quarters years.  So, my main doctors all have taken a when-we-cross-that-bridge approach to bringing things up to me.  Mostly, I don't mind.

I do wonder ... what was that!

No comments: