Monday, March 03, 2008

I got roped into doing work for another department because that department fired the only person who can do design work without having a back up plan. I became their back up. I don't get paid extra for the extra work. No thought was given to how my own work would need to be set aside. And my doing so has caused a brouhaha between the VPs. I save the day by getting the 8-page agency newsletter done but no real thanks...just conflict when people (who shouldn't be) are reviewing my time sheet and complain about my hours in a different department. I am asked to do the work, but I am criticized for doing so.

In fact, I am so much criticized that I have to submit a job description for the senior VP to review. Me, a new employee, and I have to write my own job description. On top of that, I am instructed to leave off all the administrative work that I have been doing since the admin person was never replaced. "They" would be angry if they knew I was doing it. That doesn't make sense to me since "they" are the ones keeping the position open.

I cannot outsource the regular 1,000 piece mailings, but neither am I to do the work myself? I have to do the work, but essentially lie about doing it?

Crazy, eh?

~~~~
NOTE: Even after several hours of reflection, I still cannot decide if the interview went well or not. My skills are great. My experience a boon. She would have to figure out how to fit me into the budget and could not hire me any time soon because she will be training the other person.

No comments: