Wednesday, January 05, 2011

puzzles...

I find it interesting the things I can and cannot do.  After all, I unpacked for 10 hours, taking rests and sitting often, but 10 hours nonetheless.  The pain in my legs was sheer agony, but that starts after standing still for more than a few minutes anyway.  My hands were a misery and remain stiff and sore two days later, but they will recover.  And my fatigue factor has rendered my right knee inoperable. 

However, I did unpack all day.

Today, I tried to clean the floors.  I have beautiful wood floors in the house that, while swept clean, are quite filthy.  I walk around in white socks and every single pair now has dark great soles despite heavy doses of bleach.  Since the move is essentially completed, I thought that I would try and clean the floors.  A mere ten minutes of scrubbing, perhaps even just 5 left me so weak I could do little else than collapse on the couch. I could not even sit up to read a book to Bettina's cherubs via Skype.

A couple of years ago, when I was at their cabin, I tried to chop some wood.  My feeble attempt did not even last five minutes.  However, I was so weak I barely made it back inside and was completely fatigued for hours, as if I had sweltered in summer's sun mid-day.  Today was just as bad.

I cannot dig holes.
I cannot scrub floors.
I cannot remember other things that bring on wet noodle status, but there are ones just as puzzling.

I didn't know scrubbing floors would be one of them.

My floors are still dirty.
And I am still horribly weak.
This terrifies me so.



I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: