Sunday, March 11, 2012

A kind of cheat...


I learned a kind of cheat when it comes to these small meals I have to eat.  Whatever I have for breakfast, I can eat more without great consequences.  So, I have started having lunch or dinner food for "breakfast." Yesterday, I had pizza.

Now, before you start lecturing me for eating pizza after the last fiasco, what I ate was a Totino's pizza that was  higher in protein and thin crust. It was also a smaller amount.  And, well, it was $0.75.

The idea that edible food could be manufactured, shipped, and sold at a profit at less than a dollar seems a tad inconceivable. After all, the pizzas are usually a whopping $1.25.  However, I was rash and bought the economical pizza because a life without pizza would be so very hollow!

I was a bit worried that it would be too much food even so, but I had no problem digesting it and had even smaller meals the rest of the day.  I am already wishing to eat the other one I purchased just in case.  However, I thought I should wait at least a few days, if not a whole week.  Of course, we know just how much will power I have.

I am sure Bettina would support my search for a pizza I could still eat.

What I also found was a way to have sandwiches again.  Those tiny bagels make for a means by which I would not have too many carbohydrates and less sugar in them.  What helps, too, is my approach to meat on sandwiches.  Never have I met anyone other than myself who has a proper understanding of what the proportion of meat to other ingredients should be. Think: humongous pile!

A proper sandwich has a smear of mayo, a stack of lettuce chucks, meat that is as high as both slices of bread, cheddar cheese, then lots of yellow mustard.  Key is having the mayo next to the lettuce and the mustard next to the cheese.  And, of course, piles and piles and piles of meat...roasted turkey or chicken.

It has been ever so long since I have had a sandwich...especially since those grilled cheese now makes me ill and those BLTs (minus the T) were not always welcome either.  [Of course, I have never really thought to put piles of bacon on them.]  The bag of tiny bagels is nearly gone and not once has a sandwich made me ill!

The other bonus to this is that a small sandwich is a great option for one of the small meals I need to have.  A great option and a new option. I still do not yet have enough options to eat balanced meals throughout the day.  While I am in no danger of blowing away, I have lost six pounds over the past two weeks. The medication problems and migraines and everything else piling up makes remembering to eat regularly difficult and interest in food low.

I have enjoyed the sandwiches, though.
And the pizza.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!


No comments: